As the world's hunger specialist, our primary goal is to create a better way to deal with hunger. For more than 40 years, we have led the global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. Our teams have been on the front lines, treating and preventing malnutrition across more than 45 countries.
We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change.
- Lifesaving impact in 45+ countries.
- 8,000+ field staff assisting more than 25 million people.
- 40+ years of expertise responding to emergencies caused by conflict, natural disasters, and food crises.
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of undernourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment. We are committed to helping all children access the urgent hunger care they need to survive.
The world needs a better way to deal with hunger. Together, we're creating it. For everyone. For good.
Why Our Work Matters
About 811 million people go to bed hungry every night, and one in three children in low- and middle-income countries suffers from chronic malnutrition. Nearly half of all child deaths worldwide are from causes related to undernutrition, even though it is:
- PREDICTABLE: We know where and when to expect acute undernutrition.
- PREVENTABLE: We know how to help children stay healthy.
- TREATABLE: Community-based outpatient programs and therapeutic ready-to-use foods can help save millions, and just $45 can provide a child with lifesaving treatment.