About the Society
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. The gathering place for people with MS, their family and loved ones, healthcare providers, volunteers, donors, fundraisers, advocates, community leaders and all those that seek a world free of MS. A place to connect and take action. In order to change the world, we mobilize all possible human and financial resources to achieve results.
2022-2024 Strategic Plan
This integrated plan guides the impact we will achieve through 2024. It addresses the unique experiences of all people affected by MS and our role in reaching that future, while highlighting our firmly held belief—together we are stronger.
Impacts describe what the world will be like for people with MS in 2024. The four impact areas are displayed in a circular pattern as each is important and all are interconnected.
- Accelerate cures through global leadership
- Improve access to personalized, affordable, high-quality MS healthcare
- Empower people affected by MS to solve everyday challenges
- Strengthen the MS movement through more and deeper connections
Autism Speaks was founded in 2005. Merging with three leading autism organizations and building upon their legacy, Autism Speaks collaborative efforts have resulted in:
- $3 billion increase in authorized federal research funding for autism
- $550 million investment in primarily scientific grants
- Creation of one of the world's largest open access autism genomic database
- Over $9 million in community autism-related grants and scholarships
- Autism Treatment Network of 11 top medical centers and facilities providing cutting-edge clinical care
- More than 18 million people have received free autism information and resources
We will cure MS while empowering people affected by MS to live their best lives.