CPA / Senior Tax Manager
Who is StrategIQ® Financial Group, LLC?
An affiliate of StrategIQ Financial Group, LLC is StrateqIQ Tax & Business Services, LLC. This affiliate is a full-service accounting and tax firm dedicated to providing tax planning and services such as preparing federal and state, personal and corporate, trust, and estate returns for affluent and high-net-worth individuals and families.
StrategIQ is a nationwide investment adviser (RIA) registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). We take a personalized, hands-on approach to wealth management where passion, integrity, and trust are at the core of what we do. We work with business owners, executives, managers & key employees, professionals, and corporate retirement plans (and their participants). We are an integrated team of talented multi-disciplinary professionals who collaborate like family to help our clients achieve financial success.
About the position.
The Senior Tax Manager will have 10+ years of experience preparing state and federal tax returns while also dealing with trusts and estates, executive compensation such as restricted stock units, options, deferred compensation, and other executive benefits, and tax requirements for higher-net-worth tax planning. This is a full-time position with the flexibility to work in multiple company locations. Position provides a track to become a principal in our firm.
Senior Tax Manager Responsibilities:
- Preparation and review of C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Trust, and Individual tax returns in multiple states.
- The ability to research complex tax matters, develop an understanding of the tax project, and propose a reasonable and concise solution to the matter at hand.
- This position requires direct client interaction in order to provide personalized services, including advice and recommendations.
- Keep up-to-date on new developments in tax laws and regulations, communicate important current changes in tax law.
- Candidate needs to be organized, detail-oriented, and dependable with a drive for growth and success.
- Lead tax planning responsibility on a client’s wealth management team.
Senior Tax Manager Qualities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to regularly develop and present tax planning strategies to clients.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work with multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
- Displays initiative and willingness to learn.
- Maintains professional competencies and adheres to the firm’s ethical standards and cultural values.
- Availability to work overtime and weekends during peak tax filing periods.
- Strong reconciliation and analysis skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Solid organizational skills, follow up, and close attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Education and experience:
- Active CPA License
- Master’s of Science - Taxation a plus
- 10+ years of relevant tax preparation experience
- Proficient in UltraTax software preferred
- Experience in QuickBooks preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Word
- Trust return experience a plus
Senior Tax Manager additional details:
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare, dental, disability, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Life insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- Professional development assistance
- Great work-life balance
- Company social events