SFG Tax Tips - February 15, 2018

Chad Hassinger |

By Colleen M. Henes, CFP®, JD
Financial Advisor, Advanced Planning

February 15, 2018

Do you financially support someone who has a disability? If so, did you know that you may be allowed to pay for their expenses while also maintaining their eligibility for assistance programs like SSI or Medicaid?  It's called an ABLE account and it can help your loved ones cover qualified disability expenses while continuing to receive public benefits.  Plus, the earnings on funds in the ABLE account are federally tax-exempt if used for qualified disability expenses. Click here for more information on ABLE accounts.


Unless otherwise expressly indicated, the opinions or views expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect, and may differ from, the opinions or views of Strategic Financial Group, LLC or others within Strategic Financial Group, LLC, including its officers, managers, owners, employees or other service providers.