Chad E. Hassinger, CFP®
“I am privileged to lead a passionate team and enlightened company in the financial planning profession – a career that allows me to help others and truly make a difference. It’s extremely gratifying to positively impact our clients’ lives by helping them define, prioritize and achieve their goals."
Financial Advisor – 25+ years experience
Business Owner – 20+ years experience
Real Estate Business Owner – 20+ years experience
As Chief Executive Officer, Chad brings 25+ years of experience to SFG. His foresight and vision are instrumental in developing and executing the firm’s business strategy. Chad is dedicated to leading a team of specialist advisors that are passionate and committed to providing industry-leading advice and service. Chad’s leadership skills promote teamwork, integrity, strong work ethic and flexibility towards change.
As a leader in business planning, Chad brings “executive hands-on experience” to the team. In addition to his managerial role, he relies on his substantial experience as an investment advisor and as a current or former owner of various real estate, retail, wholesale manufacturing and service businesses to provide practical and effective assistance to our clients. Chad has purchased and sold commercial investment property as well as various businesses.
Chad graduated from Valparaiso University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management. He continued his education at the College for Financial Planning, and earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation. Prior to establishing StrategIQ Financial Group, LLC in 1996, Chad expanded his knowledge of the financial planning world as a Partner with Fuller, Hassinger & Jankowske “A Division of American Express Financial Advisors.” He also served on the Partners Advisory team for United Planners Financial Services of America. Chad earned the reputable titles of “Top RIA Firm” while with United Planners Financial Services and the “Mercury Award” while with American Express.
Chad believes in giving back to the community and supports several local charities, as well as promoting SFG’s commitment to the causes employees are involved in. Chad is married and has two children, a daughter and son. His hobbies include ballroom dancing, snowboarding, windsurfing, water skiing, traveling, and fitness.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Concentration in Finance, Minor in Economics, Valparaiso University, 1992
- The College for Financial Planning, 1995
- Published works
- Interviewed in several industry periodicals and other public media
- Worth Magazine, August-September 2014, “How do I manage risk with today’s fixed-income investments?”
- Worth Magazine, February-March 2015, “What is ‘tax-diversification’ and how can it benefit me?”
- Worth Magazine, October-November 2015, “Why should I insist my advisors work less independently and more as a team?”
- Worth Magazine, December 2015- January 2016, “Should I adopt a ‘buyer-beware’ approach to selecting an investment advisor?”
- Awards and professional distinctions
- Mercury Award Winner (1992)
- Member of the Partner Advisory Team (Independent Broker Dealer)
- Founding Father of the Iota Sigma Chapter of Sigma Chi
- Professional designation
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®), 1995