Steven M. Gronceski CFP®, AIF®
“Our clients value the balance between professionalism and a personalized relationship they have when they work with team SFG.”
Investment Advisor – 20+ years experience
Financial Advisor – 20+ years experience
Business Owner – 10+ years experience
As Vice President of Wealth Management, Steve brings 20+ years of experience to SFG. He is an experienced high net worth investment advisor, with a focus on business owners, corporate executives and professionals. As a TIAA-CREF authorized advisor, he works closely with our clients in the medical and academic professions. Steve works in a collaborative team approach with clients and their team of professionals to develop integrated financial planning strategies. Steve focuses on the following financial planning areas:
- Investment Management – Working closely with the firm’s Chief Investment Officer and the Investment Committee, Steve develops sophisticated investment management strategies incorporating traditional investments and unique alternative options, when appropriate.
- Retirement Planning – Steve assists clients that are transitioning into retirement as well as work with clients during retirement, in order to facilitate and maintain their financial independence.
- Income Tax Reduction Strategies – When consulting with the client’s accountant, Steve suggests and integrates tax strategies to benefit the financial plan.
- Charitable Planning – Steve assists clients to achieve significant charitable goals utilizing various tax reduction strategies.
- Estate Planning – Working closely with the client, estate planning attorney and accountant, Steve develops solid estate plans that maximize the transfer of wealth to the next generation by minimizing federal estate and state inheritance taxes. He brings continuity to trust and wealth planning by working together with National Advisors Trust Company, FSB.
Steve graduated from Purdue University with his Bachelor of Science in Financial Management. He continued his education through the American College for Financial Planning Program. Steve earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) designation, and the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designation. The AIF® Designation signifies specialized knowledge of fiduciary responsibility and the ability to implement policies and procedures that meet a defined standard of care for clients.
Steve’s passion and strong work ethic drives him toward community involvement. He is a former Finance Chairperson for Notre Dame School and Church. Steve is also active in Boy Scouts of America, is a former Cub Scout leader, and has supported several local non-profit organizations. He is a Unity Foundation of LaPorte County member of the Gold Key Society, and a Porter County Community Foundation member of the Echo Society. Steve believes it is critical to share his time, talent, and treasures through being involved with the community.
Steve is a proud father of four children, two daughters and two sons. He enjoys spending time with them and being involved with their activities of interest. Steve’s other hobbies include golfing, boating, skiing, and traveling.
- Bachelor of Science in Financial Management, Purdue University, 1991
- The American College for Financial Planning Program
- Published works
- Worth magazine, February-April 2017, “Should I employ different strategies for accumulating wealth vs. managing it?”
- Published Quarterly in Lake Front Living and Lake Life Periodicals
- Professional designation
- *CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)
- *Accredited Investment Fiduciary™ (AIF®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- DAF Specialist Certification